Experience of travelling to Morocco during Covid-19 Pandemic.
September 6, 2020 Morocco opened borders for tourism.
Requirements for Foreigners Travelling to Morocco with no Residency
- Hotel reservation
- 72 hours PCR test from the time of release of results to the time of boarding the plane
- Only countries who are visa exempt can travel to Morocco
We were given a permit to travel to Morocco by the Moroccan Consulate in France before the country announced that they are opening for tourism. Lease contract of apartment was submitted to the Moroccan consulate, with copies of passport of people traveling. We were given a stamped paper by the Moroccan consulate to travel on the special flights by Royal Air Maroc. Special flights of Royal Air Maroc has more secure schedule than other flights and airlines as they are the first to cancel if there is sudden change. I am not sure if lease contract is still accepted after the opening of borders for tourism.
Morocco COVID-19 Test results
As of writing this, PCR test of 72 hours result is required to travel to Morocco. The serology test is not required anymore.
Country of Origin
- Check-in from country or origin before boarding plane, the PCR and serology test were checked.
- Immigration PCR and serology test is checked again.
Arrival at Morocco (Casablanca)
- Upon arriving at Casablanca airport after embarkment, before going to immigration there is a desk that checks the PCR and serology tests
- Immigration checks the COVID-19 test results and proof of residency
- After immigration the same documents are checked
Extra Covid-19 procedures during travel to Morocco
- Wearing of facemask
- Social distancing in the airport is not strictly followed, unfortunately.
- After immigration counter at Morocco we had to line-up at the immigration office and someone would check again the proof of residency / booking with passport.
- Then going down we filled out 2 forms for the police check point (i guess because we arrived after curfew, not sure if its for all)