How to extend tourist visa from Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Original passport
- Photocopy of latest visa
- Photocopy of first entry visa
- Photocopy of ID
- Photocopy of passport
- Visa extension form
- Go to immigration
- Visa extension office is in the right area upon entrance
- Get visa extension form from photocopier for ETB 20 fee
- Fill-out form
- Photocopy required documents
- Go to the queue for the document check and endorsement. Normally visa extension is only up to 30 days. Depending on the mood of the officer in charge you can appeal for up to 90 days. Note that visa extension is not extended from the latest visa. The count of days will begin from the date you file your visa extension. I also suggest going to the counter to the right when you enter the room. The more senior officers are usually there
- After your documents have been approved. Go inside to queue to take your photo.
- After the photo. Proceed to pay at the table at the center of the room.
- Then they will tell you to go to a room to give your passport and documents
- They will tell you to go back the next day to pick up your passport with visa. Remember to ask at what time you should go back.
- Passport pick-up is at the window outside across the photocopier
- The first visa is USD 100 for 30 days
- Second visa extension is USD 150 for another 30 days
I tried to ask up to – how many times it is allowed to extend the tourist visa, however, the immigration officer only said “No” and the next time I asked immigration officer only shook her head.
+251 (0) 116-650-297
Be patient when calling. It usually takes long before they answer the phone.
Tell taxi driver “Immigration Addis” and they will know where it is.