There is no real China town in Morocco as the Asian community is small in the country. At Casablanca there is an area comparable to China town in the sense that there are low cost made in China items sold in shops and by the street at a small neighborhood. The vendors and shop owners are mostly Moroccans not like the real China town wherein most of the shop owners are Chinese immigrants.
Shops and street best buys:
- kitchenware – casserole, pan, utensils, plates, glasses
- bedding – duvet, bet cover, pillow
- toilet equipment – shower curtain
- organizers – portable cabinet, indoor clothes dryer
- decorations – mirrors, painting
At the same area there is a Chinese grocery that serves Asian condiments and food that are hard to find. It is also the only place I found that sells pork meat.
Some of the best finds at the Chinese grocery:
- Maggi seasoning
- Hot pot / Shabu Shabu balls
- Sio mai / dimsum (beef)
- Dried vegetable snacks
- Noodles for stir fry and soup
Chinese Grocery map:
*Map may not be accurate. Landmark is Yammy restaurant along boulevard Rahal El Meskini
Derb Omar is like the China town of Casablanca. This is best place to go to if you are looking for cheap buys and do not want to go to the tourist-y medina and haggle.
Derb Omar map: